The Beatles gave their 83rd lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club on this day. It was also the 20th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 132nd known performance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including evening appearances.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney’s star unveiled on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- 1970: Recording: Whispering Grass, Have I Told You Lately That I Love You by Ringo Starr
- 1967: Recording: Fixing A Hole
- 1964: The Beatles’ first Ed Sullivan Show
- 1963: Live: Empire Theatre, Sunderland
- 1962: Live: Technical College Hall, Birkenhead
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: The Beatles’ first Cavern Club show
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.