This was The Silver Beetles’ fourth consecutive Saturday night show at the Grosvenor Ballroom in Liscard, Wallasey, a venue run by local promoter Les Dodd.
The Beatles performed at the Grosvenor Ballroom on 14 occasions between June 1960 and September 1961. The other dates were 4, 6, 11 and 18 June; 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30 July; 24 December 1960; 24 February; 10 March; and 15 September 1961.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Colonial Life Arena, Columbia, South Carolina
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Turning Stone Casino, Verona, New York
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Arena di Verona, Verona, Italy
- 1968: Mixing, editing: Revolution 1, Revolution 9
- 1968: George Harrison produces Jackie Lomax’s Sour Milk Sea
- 1968: Paul McCartney flies from New York to London
- 1967: The Beatles on Our World: All You Need Is Love
- 1966: Live: Grugahalle, Essen, Germany
- 1964: Live: Town Hall, Auckland, New Zealand
- 1963: Live: Astoria Ballroom, Middlesbrough
- 1962: Live: Plaza Ballroom, St Helens
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.